Friday, February 22, 2013

Setting Boundaries

I just got home from my weekly grocery store trip and realized that I had seen all types of mothers with their pre-school children.  I saw one Mom slapping her little tike in frustration as she walked down the aisles of food.  I heard another four year old screaming for "popcorn chicken"  ...he screamed the entire time I was checking out and then they followed me to another line to pick something up.  I had a massive headache after listening to his rage.  His mother seemed unfazed by it.  Where do we draw the line in discipline with our children?  I HATE to see parents hitting or spanking their little ones.  I HATE to see parents loose their cool.  I HATE it when parents act less mature than their toddlers.  I HATE it when parents look the other way.  There are so many different methods. There should be 101 different ways to discipline a child without abuse and hitting.  We must teach our sons and daughters respect.  How do you teach respect for womanhood?  Evaluate your own personal actions and attitudes to make sure they are truly respectful.  Modeling respect for others hinges on being aware of what we are modeling.  All who desire to have a more respectful society or family must make sure they are respectful too.  The most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.  Genuine love between a husband and a wife can have a powerfully positive effect on the climate in the home.  It increases a sense of security and stability for children.  It gives them a foundation upon which to understand the potential of a positive relationship.  When a Dad and a Mom are respectful to one another, it sets up a template and a framework for those children to be hindered in how they see marriage and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment