Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Here are Allure's Top Ten Spring Fashion Trends:
1. Color block
2. Day clutches.
3. Ankle strap shoes.
4. Light mint green.
6. Blue and green jewelry.
7. Floral prints.
8. Peplum tops or dresses.
9. Metallic heels.
10. Neon color.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Is it me or am I blind? Everywhere I go I see so many fashion faux pas and women who are either under-dressed or sloppily dressed or just plain FRUMPY! Why can't ladies take themselves seriously about looking and feeling great? I noticed in Dallas, women tend to really dress up to go shopping or to go out to the movies. All it takes is a little thought and preparation. I also don't understand why women try to dress like they are still teenagers. This is so un-classy. You just need some costume jewelry and some make up and clean hair and a pair of good looking trousers with a jacket and blouse and VOILA there you go! Try, just for tomorrow, to put yourself together (not THROW yourself together) and you will be AMAZED! Let's make the world a better place one outfit at a time!
Monday, February 27, 2012
Charla Krupp wrote a great book on how NOT to look fat. Here are some of her suggestions:
1. Wear Shapewear.
2. Wear opaque tights or fishnets.
3. Wear a V-neck.
4. Shape, fit, fabric, and color MATTER!
5. Wear a pencil skirt in dark tones.
6. Wear fitted clothes (tailored).
7. Throw out your fat clothes.
8. Wear a good supportive bra (lift). Le Mystere bra.
9. Wear the highest heel you can manage.
10. More to come....
Sunday, February 26, 2012
When you have the winter blues, it is always nice to look ahead to spring. So whether your tulip bulbs are starting to push their way up through the dark soil or if snow is blanketing your flower beds, THINK SPRING! Here are 5 must have's for Spring 2012:
1. Bright, bold lips-choose a bold red or orange hue and pencil it in first.
2. Something ORANGE-yes, orange, it can be any one piece.
3. A patterned print pant-from gingham, floral, plaids, etc.
4. A denim shirt
5. A pair of loafers
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Everyone needs to have big, fabulous hair. Have you taken a look at Adele? I have five suggestions on how to make your hair big and fat and fabulous:
1. Blow dry your hair by flipping it over as you blow dry. (Yes, bend at the waist)
2. Spritz your roots with dry shampoo like "Psssssssssssssst" or Suave and Dove have a great dry spray shampoo.
3. Skip the traditional conditioner and buy a light spray on conditioner like L'Oreal Paris Ever Creme Nourishing Leave-In Spray.
4. Skip heavy hair spray and try root booster instead.
5. Have I mentioned curlers or velcro curlers, yet???
Friday, February 24, 2012
Do you hate to exercise? Do you have very limited time to devote to exercise? I have a perfect solution: while you are watching TV and your favorite program stand up and start marching in place. March as though you were in American Fork's Famous Marching band. A study at the University of Tennessee, volunteers watched an hour of TV, standing in place during commercials, so they were active for 25 minutes. The marchers burned 150 calories, about as many as they would have by walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes. The key is to march with energy. Pump it up!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
You need to top every sensational out fit with a jacket, trench, or coat. You can choose from an endless list of fabrics and styles. A coat just completes your look. If you are middle aged or older, it is a must. Nothing ages a woman more than flabby, white arms. I like trench coats in various lengths. I love leather jackets. I love car coats. I love wool pea coats. I love tweed jackets. I love ANY coat! They are classy. Try it and you will see!
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I must say it is a lot easier to accessorize than it is to exercise. I think that getting on that treadmill or getting to the gym is more than half of the battle!!! Accessorizing an outfit is really fun and easy. I have found that some of the cutest and cheapest jewelry is from Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe. If you don't have those stores close by then you can go online and shop. I think earrings are a daily must. A ring, scarf, necklace, or bracelet can really add to style to your wardrobe and top off your outfit. I also love to make my own earrings with beads.