Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You Can Never Be Too Rich or Too Thin(Maybe NOT)



The old saying goes: "You can never be too rich or too thin". I have a bone to pick with this. I think there is great prejudice in our county against people who are fat or larger. They did a survey of three people who all applied for the same job: all had the same educational level, equal qualifications, all the same age. The only difference is that one was an ex-convict, one was recently released from a mental institution, and one was over-weight. Guess which one didn't get the job? Yup, the overweight one. I think we put too much emphasis on those who are thin--we tend to favor them over larger people. THIS IS WRONG! I also hate it when rich people are treated better than poor people. I also hate it when rich people think they are better than poorer people. I have also seen massively lean people who look so thin they look like they just walked away from a Nazi war camp. They look horribly wrong. They become so obsessed with being thin that they literally STARVE themselves. So, yes, you can be too thin or too rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment