Tuesday, January 31, 2012
I just love my velcro curlers. I usually just shampoo, condition, brush and slightly dry my hair before applying. If your hair is totally wet, it will take a week to dry those curlers. So, let your hair dry to where it is damp or spritz dry hair with a water bottle. Then I apply the medium to big curlers, starting with my bangs and making a row on top of my head and then finishing at the sides. I like to put mine in at an angle. Never take them out until your hair is totally dry. Sometimes I have sprayed hairspray when they are still in--not a good ides--it is like pulling teeth to get those curlers out. I take out my curlers and then spray them with hair spray. All you have to do, once they are removed, is run your fingers through the curls. Velcro gives you a nice soft curl with some height at the roots.
Monday, January 30, 2012
We should feel fabulous at every age! Shake off the winter blues and think SPRING! Here are some ensemble suggestions for every age group:
1 .In your 20's-try tropical prints with leather
2. In your 30's-dive into spring's cool shades of blue
3. In your 40's-update your feminine style with pop patterns such as paisley
4. In your 50's-add a flare for fashion with peplums for a slimming effect
5. In your 60's-pair black and navy for a real chic look
6. In your 70's-balance bold patterns with real shape
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Harper's Bazaar has listed some latest fashion trends in Feb.'s issue:
1. False eye lashes-or just curl and apply lots of mascara
2. The New Pony Tail-a regular pony tail tucked in
3. The Smokey Eye
4. Big Bouncy Hair
5. Shiny, Clean Waves
6. Soft and Glowing Lips and Face
7. Gold Accents
8. Red Lips
9. Nail Art
10. Embellished Up-do's
Saturday, January 28, 2012
There are some ways to make you look thinner by dinner. One of my favorite authors, Charla Krupp, wrote in her recent book:"How To Never Look Fat Again" makes the suggestion of wearing the right fitting bra, a good control undergarment,(like Spanx), wear tights, wear a dress. I say try to wear heels. It will take pounds off of you. It is amazing how thin you can look just with these helpful hints. Try it and you'll see.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Challenge for the day: go and wash your hair, blow or air dry, and then try to curl your hair. There are lots of ways to do it: sponge curlers, hot curlers, curling iron, flat iron, velcro curlers (my favorite), bobby pin curls, etc... you choose. Learn to love your hair!
Happy Birthday to my beautiful Janelle. You are so sweet inside and out and have such a beautiful sense of style. You know how to put an outfit together and you know how to pull yourself together but even more importantly, you know how to treat people! You know how to be nice to others. We are so proud of you!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
There are 11 mistakes that women make as they age:
1. Not realizing you need to change. You can't possibly dress like you are a teenager. You need to make adjustments with your hair and makeup, too. Everything needs to change.
2. Not spending enough on your clothes.
3. Comparing yourself when you were 20.
4. Skipping exercise.
5. Not getting enough sleep.
6. Ignoring your teeth.
7. Overdoing anti-aging treatments.
8. Thinking there are hair "rules".
9. Using the wrong make-up.
10. Wearing the wrong bra.
11. Not being intimate with your husband.