Friday, January 20, 2012

Family: Isn't It About Time?




I just love Barbara Bush and her frankness. She had a husband and a son become president of the United States. She was a devoted mother. I admire her strength as a mother to always be committed to her children and family. She said: " Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family." and " Your success as family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House, but on what happens inside your house."At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent."
She believed in always knowing where her children were. She was a committed mother and wife just like my own mother and grandmother. Somewhere in the generations this full time commitment has been lost. I just LOVE being a wife, mother, and grandmother. When I was "Young Mother of the Year" in Arizona this was my platform. When I would speak, I would encourage mothers to enjoy being a mother full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment