Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day to honor the mothers in our lives.  I love my Mom and Mother-in-law.  I love my three married daughters who are mothers.  They are wonderful mothers.  Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your daughters becoming good mothers.  I am grateful for my mom's sense of style and determination to teach us what is right.  She always drove a convertible and still does.  She wears black clothes and red lipstick.  She cared about us us as kids and would always be there when we would come home from school or cheer practice or tennis matches...She was there!  We would always have roast beef for Sunday dinners after church.  We would have prayers faithfully every night.  Practicing the piano daily was routine.  Mom would place a list of at least 20 chores for us to do every Saturday before we could go to the Glencoe or shop or have friends over.  Thank you MOM!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Laurel! Mom is a with me in Texas visiting Sara and her family, and Mom was so happy to read this! She is a force of nature! We are so blessed to have such an amazing Mom.

    ReplyDelete